Terms of Service
Quotes & Fees:
- All estimates/quotes are based on our understanding of your requirements and as per given time-frame. Any changes to the functionality including micro-improvements, may incur additional costs accordingly. Please ensure and clarify our understanding in a face to face meeting.
- By accepting a quote, you agree to and accept the terms and conditions of Reactive Designs. Acceptance can be verbal, by email, payment of initiation, signing a quote.
- Clients must ensure that Reactive Designs have included all requirements in the quotes/proposals/estimates and that we fully understand their requirements. Clients must provide us with clear guidelines along with the flow or specific details they may require. When such details are not provided, we will proceed with our understanding of the requirements and quote accordingly. At a later stage, if a discrepancy arises, it may lead to additional costs to accommodate the changes. Thus, it is essential that you clarify every aspect of your website development and ensure that you have been quoted on the right requirements.
- Any complexity related to specific tasks, must be advised in advance and included in the proposal for costing purposes. We operate in good faith and rely on our clients to disclose the full picture at the time of quotation. Any discrepancy arising due to unclear requirements will not be borne by Reactive Designs.
- Quotes will include two classification of fees – Annual Fees and Monthly Fees. The Annual Fees.
- Annual Fees must be paid annually prior to the renewal date. Annual invoices are sent out prior to the annual due date. If the annual fee is not paid prior to the due date a 2% fee may be applied per month. If annual fees are not paid prior to the renewal date, services may be suspended.
- Monthly fees are due prior to the due date each month. If the monthly fee is not paid prior to the due date a 2% fee may be applied per month. If monthly fees are not paid prior to the renewal date, services may be suspended.
- Reactive Designs will make every effort to complete the project/changes in the given timeframe. Reasonable delays are accepted if functionalities are redefined or modified.
- Any delays at client’s end, may delay the project and proposed timeframes and may incur additional costs.
- Any bugs (programming errors) reported during or just after the development does not attract additional charges.
- Any re-work on an already completed task will attract additional charges. Any changes in the design after the design approval will incur additional charges.
- Any modifications requested during the development or after the Go-Live approval will incur additional charges. All additional work, over and above the estimates is charged separately. Under no circumstances will Reactive Designs be liable for any delays caused by change in the project brief.
- Website/application content and all related materials need to be provided to us within the first two weeks of starting the project. Any delays thereafter may delay the project and may incur additional charges if it goes beyond reasonable timeframe.
- Our websites/applications are generally tested on PCs, Macs and include near recent versions of following browsers: IE, Firefox, Chrome & Safari. If you require testing to be done on any other browser or device, please let us know in advance.
- Responsive/multi-device compatible web pages are tested on iPhone and iPads. If you require testing to be done on any other device, please discuss it in advance.
- If your website/application is not hosted on a Reactive Host server, any additional man-hours that may be required due to any server or network related issues are not covered in our quotes and may be charged separately.
- Please note that at any stage during the project, stalling of the project for over two calendar months will incur administration costs. Furthermore, it may increase the previously approved estimates. If you require the project to be put on hold, please advise us in writing in advance. To put the project on hold without incurring additional charges, we will need the account to be up to date based on the work done. Further details can be discussed if such a situation arises.
- Reactive Designs software codes (not including open source software) are copyrights of Reactive Designs. The codes can be handed over at an additional cost for use once all previous invoices are settled, on the condition that the codes are used only for use or modification for re-use for further development for the specified client or subsequent owners of that legal entity. Under no circumstance, the codes will be allowed to be used for re-selling or duplication purposes.
- Reactive Designs owns copyrights of all codes written for any client, unless arrangements are made prior to start of the project. Reactive Designs warrants a license to use any custom-built software for the client, for their use only. This license is granted while paying for the hosting and software maintenance.
- The client must recognize that at times there may be unforeseen circumstances that will delay the development process, particularly with reference to the integration of third-party software. We will try our best to complete the project as agreed in the proposal. As long as it is within a reasonable period, the client agrees not to penalize us for any genuine delay, when every effort to keep the project on the proposed schedule is taken.
- The website or software application will be designed to be deployed on the web, via using a commercial grade web-server or a similar setup. Based on your website traffic, the website may not perform if deployed on a generic office network environment.
- Depending upon the functionalities required, there may be 3rd party components such as Third-Party Payment Gateways (PayPal, Stripe, Bambora ... etc.) or SSL certificates involved in building a website/application. Although Reactive Designs does its best in recognising the suitability of any such component, any unforeseen limitations of third-party components are beyond our control. Any third-party component purchase costs (such as SSL, Payment gateway, Plug-in licenses etc.) required for the project are included in our quotes.
- Reactive Designs offer packages in co-ordination with third-party providers. Changes to the third-party provider’s rules and policies may ultimately effect the services we provide or the terms and conditions herein.
- Hosting charges are included in the quotations unless mentioned otherwise. Reactive Designs can provide a hosting solution with Reactive Host, a quote for which will be submitted and approved by the client. Where clients decide to organise their own hosting, we should be consulted before finalising the type of hosting and database, as it should meet the requirements of the technology used for the development. Please note that we’ll require full access (sFTP, phpMyAdmin, SSH and hosting panel) with hosting support for testing and deploying the application. Reactive Designs will not be liable for any delays or errors caused by direct or indirect actions of the hosting company.
- Reactive Designs generally builds and tests the websites/applications on our own servers or hosted domains. Reactive Designs cannot give access to their test servers and test websites to the clients or any third-party. The website/application can be transferred-off to a nominated third-party server upon full payment of all invoices and dues.
- Domain registration/renewal etc. charges are included as a part of any project/proposal unless mentioned otherwise. For an annual fee, Reactive Designs can manage your domain(s), lock it down and make sure DNS settings are correct. We provide business owners a piece-of-mind ensuring their domain is being actively managed.
- If Reactive Designs does not manage the domain(s) they will not be held responsible for any aspects of domain management.
- Domains will be released when the account balance is zero dollars. All outstanding payments must be paid prior to the transfer of the domain. Once payments clear (a minimum of 3 business days), the domain(s) will be release for transfer.
- Notwithstanding any other provision in the agreement, in consideration of the Customer entering into this agreement with Reactive Designs, upon full payment of any outstanding invoices, Reactive Designs will grant an unconditional license to the Customer to reproduce, publish, communicate, use, exploit, vary, or otherwise deal with 1) the graphics, 2) texts and 3) images used in the published website and associated of form and functionality. This will not include the intellectual property relating to the production of the website including the digital strategies, programming codes, database structures, scripts, forms or functionalities.
- All communications/correspondences are generally done via emails. It is client’s responsibility to keep us updated with their relevant email addresses.
- In the event that a project is cancelled the client will be responsible to pay for all the work done to that point. After payment has been made all project materials supplied and created during that time will be supplied to the client.
- If Reactive Designs is managing the hosting of the account and the client wishes to cancel hosting, it must be requested in writing via the company’s email 30 days prior to the renewal date of the hosting. If the client cancels hosting after the minimum 30-day period, the client will be responsible to pay for the next month of hosting.
- If Reactive Designs is managing the domain and the client cancels the domain, it must be done in writing via the client’s company email a minimum of 30 days prior to the renewal of the domain. If the cancellation of the domain happens after the 30-day minimum time-frame the client will be responsible to pay for the renewal of the domain contract.
- If the client has an annual contract with Reactive Designs, the client must cancel the annual contract a minimum of 30 days prior to the renewal date in writing from the company’s email. If the client cancels the annual contract after the due date, the client will be responsible to pay for the annual contract.